Beltsville Vicinity Shoppers, Vent Your Spleens!
(About Customer Service in Hyattsville, College Park, Greenbelt, Laurel, etc.)
Real Local. Free. Real Empowering. Tell somebody!
Be sure to subscribe below, right, to receive automatic updates.

Friday, August 03, 2007

This is What Happens When You Take the "C" Out of "KFC"

This one, ladies and gents, is such an example of a complete and utter failure to communicate or use the common sense that God gave a chicken strip that I've abandoned the usual structure of my entries and will just give it to you straight free-form. Can we just chalk this one up to comic relief?

The place is the KFC on Rte. 1 in Beltsville, MD. The date was yesterday, 8/2/07, around 5:30 p.m. The following is the paraphrased conversation that took place between my wife (Mrs. Vent) and what had to be the "special" order taker on the other end of the drive-thru intercom connection:


KFC: Hello and welcome to KFC. May I take your order, please?

Wife: Give me one moment please while I decide.

KFC: Ok, take your time...

KFC (one minute later): Are you ready to order now?
Wife: One second.
KFC: Ok.

Wife: Ok, I'm ready. I'd like 12 pieces of chicken...
KFC: It'll be a 20 minute wait for chicken. We don't have any chicken.
Wife: Excuse me? Could you repeat that?
KFC: We don't have any chicken; it'll be 20 minutes.
Wife: You don't have any chicken?
KFC: No.
Wife: So what do you have?
KFC: We have side orders and drinks.
Wife: Oh. Ok. Thanks, but never mind.

**Crickets chirping...Mouth agape in complete disbelief...Scanning parking lot for Punk'd or Jamie Kennedy Experiment cameras.Yeah, exactly. Off to Wendy's.**
Epilogue
This one is so altogether inane that I think I'll just leave it right there. I'm not even gonna fax it to them for comment like I normally do before posting a story. I mean, what could they say?

10 Comments:

  • LOL...LOL...LOL... AMAZING! THANK YOU... I'm still laughing. But, you can't blame that order taker...I'm sure he'd have opted to close if he could...or maybe but put a sign up saying NO CHICKEN UNTIL (whatever time) BUT WE'VE GOT PLENTY OF SIDES! lol.

    By Blogger JustMeWriting, at August 06, 2007 11:05 AM  

  • Yeah, JMW, this incident (the fact that the first thing out of the order-taker's mouth wasn't, "Welcome to KF...I need to inform you that there's a 20 minute wait on C, before I ask for your order...") was so absurd that it's hilarious.

    By Blogger Vent, at August 06, 2007 11:14 AM  

  • Soooooooaaaarummmmm. They didn't notice they were running low on chicken.

    By Blogger Nic, at August 06, 2007 1:04 PM  

  • Either that, Nic, or they just figured (as JMW alluded to) they were due for a run on collard greens and puddin'!!!

    By Blogger Vent, at August 06, 2007 1:35 PM  

  • This is why they work at KFC!

    By Blogger Nic, at August 06, 2007 2:32 PM  

  • I guess they had all the time you needed to be able to tell you they were out! That was too funny. I've had the same experience, except it was in a black neighborhood, it was surrounded by churches and it happned to be a Church's Chicken restaurant. Ever wonder how fast black folk can LOSE their religion?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 07, 2007 10:44 AM  

  • Key economical indicators in the black community, sojourner: When the McDonald's, Liquor Store, or barnyard pimp (chicken) place closes you know it's time to relocate.

    By Blogger Vent, at August 07, 2007 11:50 AM  

  • OMG, this happens all the time at the KFC in my area in Atlanta. So much so, I don't even go anymore; convinced they are just a drug front.

    By Blogger jbrotherlove, at August 16, 2007 2:13 PM  

  • LOL! This blog is great! I can't figure out who you are though and it's killing me!!!!

    By Blogger Monie, at August 17, 2007 3:59 PM  

  • See I'm GLAD I don't eat no fake chicken.. i mean KFC LOL

    actually not much fast food..

    By Blogger BK, at August 29, 2007 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home