Beltsville Vicinity Shoppers, Vent Your Spleens!
(About Customer Service in Hyattsville, College Park, Greenbelt, Laurel, etc.)
Real Local. Free. Real Empowering. Tell somebody!
Be sure to subscribe below, right, to receive automatic updates.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

UPDATE: Wendy's Gets it Well Done!


Business: Wendy's #128
Location: 11741 Beltsville Dr. (Calverton Shopping Center), Calverton, MD
Date of incident: May 19, 2007

Quick Hit
This is an update to my Sunday, May 20 posting entitled "Maria at Wendy's Shows Her True Colores with On-the-job Rip at Blacks" (below). Well, Wendy's did the right thing.

The Beef
None this time ("Where's the beef?!). I just got off the phone with Cindy Altman of DavCo Restaurants, owner of the Wendy's franchise where Maria, the culprit in this account, works...or should I say worked, and many other locations in the D.C./Maryland area. Cindy informed me that shortly after I left the restaurant on Saturday, the manager, Philip, took Maria off the clock and sent her home. The next day she was formally terminated. Man. Sounds so final. Anyway, Philip contacted regional, and regional gave him the go-ahead to make the move.

Epilogue
So Wendy's and Philip get a decidedly up-turned thumb here. Although you still feel badly for anyone who loses a job, especially under such tense circumstances. But Maria's fate could have been so easily avoided.

Turns out, what she dropped on the floor was a drive-thru customer's bag of food as she was about to hand it out through the window. The customer simply asked for another sandwich! That doesn't sound too unreasonable to me. To you? But evidently Maria had a problem with it. I don't know if it was a cultural thing, or what, but I hope she can now take the old truism to heart that the customer is always right. Black or white. Or anything in between.

Kudos, Wendy's.

1 Comments:

  • Who feels badly that Maria lost her job. Not me! Yo. I love this blog. This is the perfect place for someone who once aspired to be a secret shopper/L&I diva. Now I got Beef with you though... Why haven't you posted since May? I know you've run into someone behide a counter who needs to be put on blast since then. LOL!

    Thanks for letting me stop by.

    Peace

    By Blogger Nic, at July 06, 2007 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home